2019 THEATRE TAMPA BAY UNIFIED AUDITIONS
Professional Regional Auditions for Equity and Professional Non-Equity Actors
Saturday, June 22nd, 2019
- Aeon Life
- American Stage
- Busch Gardens
- Early Bird
- Tampa Rep
Hillsborough Community College
Performing Arts Building
Corner of East Palm Avenue and North 14th Street (Avenida Republica de Cuba) in historic Ybor City, Tampa, Florida 33605.
Prepare Your Audition Pieces
You will have a total of two minutes to audition. You may use your time for monologue, song or a combination of both.
Audition piece(s) should be thoroughly rehearsed and timed. Time starts when you begin your audition either with your monologue or song. Time will be called after two minutes.
- If you are singing, prepare your sheet music for the accompanist and bring it to the audition.
- The 16 bars of your song must be clearly marked on your sheet music. Please have clear copies of published vocal-selection sheet music in plastic sheets in a binder, secured on cardboard or taped together.
- Have music in the correct key and clearly marked as to dynamics, tempos, articulation, repeats, and endings.
Be Sure to Bring
- Your Theatre Tampa Bay or Actors Equity Association membership card. New and recently renewed members will pick up their cards as they check in.
- If you are singing, your sheet music (prepared as described above).
Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building, located at the corner of E. Palm Ave and N. 14th Street (Avenida Republica de Cuba) in historic Ybor City, Tampa, Florida 33605. Enter the building and proceed to the lobby, where you will check in.
Check in at the registration table in the Lobby at least 30 minutes before your scheduled group time. Please see below for group numbers and times.
|Group 1: 9:30 – 10:00am|
Group 2: 10:00 – 10:30am
Group 3: 10:30 – 11:00am
Group 4: 11:00 – 11:30am
Group 5: 11:30 – 12:00pm
Group 6: 12:00 – 12:30pm
Group 7: 1:00 – 1:30pm
Group 8: 1:30 – 2:00pm
Group 9: 2:00 – 2:30pm
Group 10: 2:30 – 3:00pm
Group 11: 3:00 – 3:30pm
Group 12: 3:30 – 4:00pm
Group 13: 4:00 – 4:30pm
Group 14: 4:30 – 5:00pm
|Arrive by 9:00|
Arrive by 9:30
Arrive by 10:00
Arrive by 10:30
Arrive by 11:00
Arrive by 11:30
Arrive by 12:30
Arrive by 1:00
Arrive by 1:30
Arrive by 2:00
Arrive by 2:30
Arrive by 3:00
Arrive by 3:30
Arrive by 4:00
The Audition Space
The auditions are held in the main stage theatre at Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building. A chair will be provided for you to use if required and the accompanist will be to your left downstage. A table will be provided at the side of the stage for purses, etc. The company representatives will be seated at throughout the house in front of the stage.
The audition space will be shown to actors at the times listed below. If you want to see the audition space, please arrive early.
9:25 am 10:45am 12:15pm 2:00pm 3:30pm
The Audition Process
Once your group has been called, you’ll wait briefly in line outside the audition entry. When you enter, do the following in this order:
1. State your audition number and name as soon as you enter the space. This will give the companyrepresentatives time to find your resume before you begin your audition.
2. If you have a purse or bag, leave it on the table provided.
3. If you plan to sing, go directly to the accompanist to briefly review your sheet music. If you’re not singing, skip to 4.
4. Go directly to downstage center of the stage. State your number and name again.
5. Begin your monologue and/or song. Don’t explain it or tell the company representatives what piece(s) or song(s) you will do. Just begin your monologue and/or song after you state your audition number and name again. Your two-minute audition will begin when you start your monologue or
song (whichever one starts your audition).
6. After your monologue (if applicable), nod to the accompanist that you’re ready to sing.
7. Once your audition is completed, state your name and number one more time.
8. Pick up your sheet music and bag/purse, if applicable, and exit stage right, the opposite side of the stage from where you entered.
Companies will not hold on-site callbacks this year, but will contact you individually as needed.
All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com no later than 11:59, June 21st, 2019. Emergency last-minute cancellations may be called in to the TTB Staff at 813-679-6205, but this should only be done as a last resort. Please note that several theatre companies will hold “no call,
no show” against you, so be sure to use the correct cancellation procedure.