(MONDAY EVENINGS, MAY 8 – JUNE 19, AT STAGEWORKS THEATRE)
Actors – are you ready for audition season? Don’t panic! Stageworks will help you prepare.
IN THIS SIX-WEEK COURSE, YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO
· Choose great monologues that showcase your unique qualities
· Create a memorable mini-performance that is well-acted and fun to do and to watch
· Use specific objectives and physical choices to tell your story in any audition space
· Audition like a pro by using your non-acting moments to make a great impression
YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH
· Two fully rehearsed, contrasting one-minute monologues ready for audition season
· This course is timed to prepare you for the Theatre Tampa Bay unified auditions and other season auditions in our area.
· In the final session, you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your finished monologues for Stageworks Producing Artistic Director Karla Hartley.
· You’ll take away valuable, reusable, skills to help with future auditions.
DATES AND TIMES
Monday evenings, 6:30-8:00, at Stageworks Theatre
Six sessions: May 8, 15, 22 andJune 5, 12, 19
Textbook (optional but recommended)
The Monologue Audition by Karen Kohlhass (Amazon $22.99 Paperback/$18.99 Kindle)
Actor, Director and Theatre Administrator Bridget Bean has watched literally thousands of theatre auditions and never tires of seeing what each individual actor brings to the table. A well-prepared theatre audition is a little masterpiece that showcases your uniqueness in a powerful, entertaining, two-minute package. Using a proven audition workshop format, she’ll help you hone your masterpiece in time for audition season.
SPACE IS LIMITED – SIGN UP NOW AT STAGEWORKSTHEATRE.ORG