The Technical Theatre Director will have responsibility for managing all aspects of the stage, live streaming and technical operation of Powerstories Theatre. S/he will provide stage management and technical expertise to enable a successful season of shows and live stream festivals. The Director will provide support to all theatre artists, directors etc. and will be responsible for the efficient, safe and economical use of theatre space and resources. The position is part time for up to 600 hours annually. Position is a contract labor position with flexible hours.
Requirements – The position requires a comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in, stage management and technical theatre operations as well as a strong working knowledge of live streaming. The position is part time with flexible hours but requires regular evening and week-end working.
The Theatre Manager position is a senior position within the Powerstories Theatre management structure and will be expected to contribute towards the development of the theatre’s activities. The Theatre Manager will work with the Executive Director to embed sustainable and environmentally-friendly working practices at the heart of the theatre’s operations and planning.
- Plan and manage all aspects of the theatre’s stage and technical operation,
- Ensure that the technical operation of the theatre is always safe and complies with current industry standards.
- Hire and supervise stage managers, technicians and designgers as needed,
- Supervise and direct the work of backstage volunteers, ensuring that all volunteers are adequately trained and/or supervised for the work they are carrying out.
- Undertake general building and facilities maintenance as required.
- Undertake other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required in keeping with the theatre’s community role, special events, etc.
- Attend management team meetings.
For more information, please contact Fran Powers – Fran@powerstories.com