Only TTB members can participate in our auditions. Here’s the process.
- Join TTB or Renew Your Membership.
- Create or Update your TTB Listing
- Register for Open Auditions
1. Join Theatre Tampa Bay as a new Professional Member or renew your membership if it has lapsed.
You can join for one year at a time, or be charged annually. Read about benefits.
2. Prepare Your Theatre Tampa Bay Professional Member Listing.
New members, please use this form to get your listing started. Be sure to attach your head shot and a PDF resume, as well as a brief bio and your role(s) in the community.
Use this form to send in updates of your head shots, PDF resume or other items to edit or add to your profile. Do you have a YouTube video or photos from productions? Send multimedia directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes, head shots, and any listing information must be received by 11:59PM on June 27th, 2018.
3. Register for your place in the Theatre Tampa Bay Unified Auditions.
Now you are all clear to register for the Unifieds. Click here!
HERE ARE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2018 AUDITIONS
Before you register:
Please read the following for detailed information.
Audition Date: Saturday, June 30th, 2018
Deadline for Registration: 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
These auditions are for professional theatre companies who are looking to hire both Equity and professional Non-Equity actors for their upcoming productions.
To participate in the auditions you must be at least 16 years old (exceptions may be made for those who have professional acting credits – under-16s please email email@example.com to be pre-qualified).
At this time, the following theatre companies are confirmed as attending the auditions:
- American Stage
- Busch Gardens
- Lab Theater Project
- Silver Meteor Gallery
- Tampa Repertory Theatre
- Theatre Exceptional
- Washington and Eisenstadt
- Innovocative Theatre
This list will grow — but you can make a start by researching their seasons and seeing what roles they might be interested in filling to help you plan your audition piece(s) (see below for more information on this aspect).
Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building, corner of E. Palm Ave and N. 14th Street (Avenida Republica de Cuba) in historic Ybor City, Tampa, Florida 33605.
You must be a member of either Theatre Tampa Bay or Actors Equity Association in order to audition.
If you are not already a member, please join Theatre Tampa Bay before registering for an audition time to keep your desired audition time, and to be able to upload your headshot/resume to the website. No headshots/resumes will be needed or accepted the day of the audition.
Register for your audition:
Click HERE to register for your audition time. Please be sure to add your email as the site will provide a reminder two days prior to the auditions. In the “Other comments” box, add your membership number or AEA number to facilitate the registration process. If all audition slots are filled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waiting list, then check your email frequently as notice of any slots that open up will be sent out by email. Make sure your headshot and resume have been submitted to the appropriate link under membership on the website at theatretampabay.org. Initial resumes and headshots, and any updates to this information must be received via the website link no later than 11:59PM on June 27th, 2018.
Prepare your audition piece(s):
Please prepare one of the following audition options:
Option A: Two contrasting one-minute monologues, OR
Option B: One two-minute monologue, OR
Option C: One monologue and 16 bars of a song
Monologues should be thoroughly rehearsed and carefully timed. Time starts when you begin your audition either with your monologue or song. Time will be called after two minutes.
If you are singing, prepare your sheet music for the accompanist and bring it with you to the audition. Please:
* clearly mark the 16 bars of your song on your sheet music.
* have clear copies of published vocal-selection sheet music in plastic sheets in a binder, secured on cardboard, or taped together.
* have music in the correct key and clearly marked as to dynamics, tempos, articulation, repeats, and endings.
On the Day of the Audition
Bring with you
- Your Theatre Tampa Bay or Actors Equity Association membership card.
- If you are singing, your sheet music (prepared as described above).
Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building, located at the corner of E. Palm Ave and N. 14th Street (Avenida Republica de Cuba) in historic Ybor City, Tampa, Florida 33605.
Enter the building and proceed to the lobby, where you will check in.
Check in at the registration table in the Lobby at least 30 minutes before your scheduled group time. Please see below for group numbers and times:
If your audition is between: Arrive by:
- Group 1: 9:30 – 10:00am Arrive by 9:00
- Group 2: 10:00 – 10:30am Arrive by 9:30
- Group 3: 10:30 – 11:00am Arrive by 10:00
- Group 4: 11:00 – 11:30am Arrive by 10:30
- Group 5: 11:30 – 12:00pm Arrive by 11:00
- Group 6: 12:00 – 12:30pm Arrive by 11:30
- Group 7: 1:00 – 1:30pm Arrive by 12:30
- Group 8: 1:30 – 2:00pm Arrive by 1:00
- Group 9: 2:00 – 2:30pm Arrive by 1:30
- Group 10: 2:30 – 3:00pm Arrive by 2:00
- Group 11: 3:00 – 3:30pm Arrive by 2:30
- Group 12: 3:30 – 4:00pm Arrive by 3:00
- Group 13: 4:00 – 4:30pm Arrive by 3:30
- Group 14: 4:30 – 5:00pm Arrive by 4:00
- Group 15: 5:00 – 5:30pm Arrive by 4:30
All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com no later than 11:59, June 29th, 2018. Emergency last-minute cancellations may be called in to the TTB Membership Director at 813-679-6205, but this should only be used as a last resort. Please note that several theatre companies will hold “no call, no show” against you, so be sure to use the correct cancellation procedure.
The Audition Space:
The auditions are held in the main stage theatre at Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building.
A chair will be provided for you to use if required, and the accompanist will be to your left downstage. A table will be provided at the side of the stage for purses, etc.
The company representatives will be seated at throughout the house in front of the stage.
The audition space will be shown to actors at the times listed below. If you want to see the audition space, please arrive early.
9:25 am 10:45am 12:30pm 2:30pm 4:00pm
The Audition Process:
Once your group has been called, you’ll wait briefly in line outside the audition entry. When you enter, do the following in this order:
- State your audition number and name as soon as you enter the space. This will give the company representatives time to find your resume before you begin your audition.
- If you have a purse or bag, leave it on the table provided.
- If you plan to sing, go directly to the accompanist to briefly review your sheet music. If you’re not singing, skip to 4.
- Go directly to downstage center of the stage. State your number and name again.
- Begin your monologue and/or song. Don’t explain it or tell the company representatives what piece(s) or song(s) you will do. Just begin your monologue and/or song after you state your audition number and name. Your two-minute audition will begin when you start your monologue or song (whichever one starts your audition).
- After your monologue (if applicable), nod to the accompanist you’re ready to sing your 16 bars.
- Once your audition is completed, state your name and number one more time.
- Pick up your sheet music and bag/purse, if applicable, and exit stage right, the opposite side of the stage from where you entered.
Companies will not hold on-site callbacks this year but will contact you individually, as needed.